Most of the time when we think of recycling we don't really think of getting paid, but if you've got one too many electronic gadgets cluttering up your space this might be a game changer for you. The following 2 websites are offering cash for your used electronic devices
Quick Breakdown - How it works:
1) Submit form identifying your electronic device for sale
2) You will receive an instant quote
3) Click "Accept" to sell them your used, new or broken iPod, iPhone, Game Console or Zune.
4) Mail in your electronic device
4) Get paid via pay pal 28-48 hours after they receive your device
Source: Buy My Tronics.com:
"BuyMyTronics wants to buy your used, new and broken Electronics today! We offer a fast, simple, and eco-friendly way to get money for your device. We currently purchase Apple iPods, Apple iPhones, Cell Phones, Smart Phones including Blackberry, Treo, Nokia, HTC, LG, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, and Sanyo, PDAs, Zunes, Game Consoles including Nintendo Wii, Microsoft X-Box, Sony PlayStation or PSP. We accept most iPod models such as the Classic, Touch, Video, Photo, Nano, Mini, from 4th to 1st Generation. We don't care about the condition of your gadget. We will accept items ranging from a bricked iPhone, an old Treo 650, a sad faced hard drive iPod Classic, a New PS3, an X-Box with a disk read error or a used Wii. We will pay you top dollar to recycle your unwanted electronic devices – guaranteed! Keep your eWaste out of the landfill and get some quick cash in return!"
Quick Breakdown - How it works:
1) Locate the device/s you are selling on the website
2) Select the options that best describe the condition of your device
3) Calculate the price gazelle will pay
4) Select how you want to be paid i.e. pay pal, check, donate
5) Gazelle sends you a postage paid box to ship back your device
6) Get paid a few days after gazelle receives your item
"What Is Gazelle?
We provide an easy, fast, and safe way for you to sell electronics and recycle electronics. When you sell cell phones, mp3 players, laptops, or other gadgets to us, you'll earn cash and help save the environment by keeping old, used gadgets out of landfills. You get green while being green! The bottom line is you want to sell electronics and we want to buy electronics. A perfect match!
What Happens When I Sell My Electronics?
As soon as we receive your used electronics and gadgets (such as used cell phones, used laptops etc.), we inspect them to be sure their condition matches your evaluation. We'll notify you via email once your item has been received and inspected, and again when your payment has been sent. The whole process takes about a week once we receive a box from you.
What Does Gazelle Do With My Used Electronics?
Gazelle believes that electronics recycling starts with reuse. After we buy electronics and gadgets, we evaluate their condition. When we receive items that are still in working condition, we extend their lives by removing all personal data from them, and selling the electronics through a variety of retail and wholesale outlets. Items without market value are recycled responsibly. "